Thursday, April 11, 2013

How are the Concord managed properties rated?

Here are a few Concord property ratings, but you can look up your own property at:  http://www.apartmentratings.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Park at Mt Zion 701 Mount Zion Road, Jonesboro, GA 30236, Approval rating: 28%  Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Jonesboro-The-Park-at-Mt-Zion.html#ixzz2QXIBXS5W   A Renters comment: "I HATE it"

Northbridge Apartments the Orlando 'Flagship' Concord property has a 55% approval rating, see: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Orlando-Northbridge-at-Millenia.html#axzz2MP1h4zpv   Just ignore the murders there or for more info see: http://concordsucks.blogspot.com/

Ashton Creek Apartments 239 New Hope Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30045, Approval Rating at 33%, see:  http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Lawrenceville-Ashton-Creek-Apartments.html
Summary:  "Ashton Creek is very hood and dirty there workers are terrible"
Nautilus Cove 13700 PCB Blvd, Panama City Beach, Fla has a 38% approval rating, (Update: Dropped to 35% now 33%) see: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Panama-City-Nautilus-Cove-Condominium.html Misc:  Might be worth looking at recent posts on this site about NCC and the problem with kids on the property.


Stone Harbor has a 13% approval rating, see:  http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Panama-City-Stone-Harbor.html  Just a quote from one of the reviews gives a good summary:  "This place sucks". If you have any interest in the management firm Concord, you can take a look at how their 'Flagship' property is rated in Orlando.  Don't be fooled by the 57% approval, you will see some 5.0 ratings that are obviously put up by shills for the company.  

More Concord Complaints FYI:

4 Concord Reviews:
Concord Management Limited   Tel: (407) 741-8600   ced-concord.com 1551 Sandspur Rd, Maitland, FL 32751  Cross Streets: Near the intersection of Sandspur Rd and Lake Colony Dr

 
From YAHOO Local at: http://local.yahoo.com/info-14077563-concord-management-limited-maitland

 
A Yahoo! Local user Posted on 11/03/12
I do not recommend you rent ANY property from Concord Management Limited. They will not allow you to make final payment and then send a collection agency after you for 3x the amount!!! Horrible company with horrible communication!!!!!

David C    Posted on 10/17/11
Horrible!! Can not get a call back after leaving several messages, email and otherwise. Called the managment group directly and told her my problem only for her to put my back to the original problem I had!!! Intelligence and friendliness are not one of thier strong points!!!!

A Yahoo! Local user   (reply to above post)
Thanks so much, I was looking into Marbella Pointe Apartments until I saw these reviews, I am relocating to Orlando, Florida on Section 8. Any other Complexes you all recommend?

Renee    Posted on 08/20/11
Woodbridge Pond our daughter passed away and 2 weeks later they want to evicted our son who is on the section 8 papers and is a student and has income to pay the rent it took them a month to replace the washer that we pay every month

disappointed   Posted on 06/22/11
I will never again in my life advise anyone to rent from Concord Management. Calling corporate has been a waste of time. I was told I would get a call back from the lady Tasha at corp. and when I was finally able to talk to her she said that she talkd with the apt manager who told her that everthing was taken care of....I said but Tasha you told me that you would look into ALL my problems and get back to me so why wouldn't you do what you said you would do and just give me a phone call back!!!!

Thne to be told well they have their job for a reason....YEAH LADY, BECAUSE OF PPL LIKE ME!!!! Without reanters your company would go bankrupt and you would be calling the unemployment office!!! They treat you so badly after the lease is signed. I hate this company and they have lost a good renter for life!!!!!! I will tell everybody I know about this company and how bad they treat the residents.

======================================================

From the ACLU Site found at
http://www.aclu.org/blog/womens-rights/concord-slammed-door-my-face-because-i-wanted-protect-my-children


10/20/2011
Housing Discrimination
(by Concord Management)

Concord Slammed the Door in My Face Because I Wanted to Protect My Children

By
Hope at 10:01am

My name is Hope. I am survivor of domestic violence. To protect myself, I fled from my husband and changed my name and social security number. I have sole custody of two children from this abusive relationship. I never changed my children's names or social security numbers because the courts require notifying both parents of the change and I did not want my abuser to be able to track us down.

Fleeing has kept us alive but has proven to be more of a struggle than I could have ever anticipated.

Recently, my children and I found what seemed to be a family-friendly apartment complex and applied to rent an apartment there. After seeing an apartment, we loved everything about it — especially the price and size. After passing all the necessary credit checks I was given forms to release the social security numbers of my children.

This instantly shook me. I was confused and scared. I explained to the office assistant that doing so would put myself and my children in danger.

The apartment complex, which is run by Concord Management, refused to rent to me unless I handed over the full social security numbers of my children. I discovered that not only did they require them for their "auditing purposes," but they would want to run the numbers as well, which would alert my abuser to our current whereabouts. I pleaded with the apartment managers and offered to provide proof of our situation and the very real danger we were in. I even offered to release the last four digits of my children's social security numbers.

After all of this fear, shame and embarrassment, they denied me. Telling me that if I could not furnish the children's full social security numbers they would not rent to me. We didn't know where we would live if they wouldn't rent to us. The fear of being homeless almost convinced me of giving them the social security numbers. I did not.

I felt so helpless, afraid and shameful. I felt less than. To refuse survivors, such as my children and myself, not only brought back feelings of being victimized, it literally victimized us again. We were put in a situation where we had to choose between being safe and having housing. It made living with what we knew, even if it is abusive, seem preferable to a world where there is too little understanding.

The threat of being denied housing, the very bare necessity for survival, can make domestic violence survivors stay in their abusive situation or force them to give up their personal information, putting them at risk.

To be denied a HOME, a safe haven, simply because of a policy of collecting children's social security numbers for whatever reason is dangerous, unethical, and in my opinion discriminatory to survivors and their families

I felt voiceless. I felt powerless. I was afraid. All because I fled domestic violence, and had to keep my children safe from our abuser.

Together with the American Civil Liberties Union Women's Rights Project and the ACLU of Florida, I am filing a housing discrimination complaint against Concord Management alleging violations of the federal Fair Housing Act's prohibition on sex and familial status discrimination. You can help me take action by letting Concord know that they need to change their policy.

=====================================================

Here are other online complaints about Concord and their flagship property North Bridge Apts in Orlando:
 
From: kevingr1701
Date posted: 4/13/2013
Years at this apartment: 2012 - 2013
With 2 responses

I moved into Northbridge in April 2012, my lease ended on april 1, 2013. After living there a year, always paying my rent for a 3 bedroom in full and always on this, this place had the nerve to renew my lease although I put in a 60 notice to vacate because said they could not find my notice after they fired all the staff. I found out that I put my notice in on the staffs last day at northbridge so of course they did not put it in my fill.

So now after a year I was told by Concord management my credit report will show I did not pay my rent after april 2013. I spent almost every day for a year in the offices about issue which they refused to fix, I never had access to the resident gate. Security at the guess gate uses you information by doing background check and are very rude. its takes up to 20 minutes to get on the property. the leasing office does not care and does not know how to do their job and if you ask to talk to a manager, they are never available NEVER. So not I have to get a lawyer to make sure my credit is not destoyed by a property who does not know how to do their job

REPLY From: Anonymous Date: 04/13/2013

This place is truly a piece of shit­. the biggest "ghetto in diguise" ... its a shame. i left there in october of 2011 and i paid 3,000$ to break my lease. i STILL have the "uuugh" feeling whn i hear Northbridge. Good luck. Screw them dor every penny!!

REPLY From: Anonymous Date: 04/13/2013

Oh I believe you guys! They are ALL ABOUT SCREWING PEOPLE OVER!!!!!!!!!!! Their mngmt thinks they are the most smartest, slickiest ones of all. make sure all of your communication to them about important issues are made in writing!!!!!!!!! These people are truly BIG CROOKS & LIARS!!! Each and every one of those beehachas liiiiiieeeee!!! You have been warned....

From: micro2013
Date posted: 3/27/2013
Years at this apartment: 2011 - 2013

This is an HONEST review written by me, a resident who has lived in Northbridge Apartments near Millenia Mall for 2 years. Moved out in March of 2013 - had enough! I first moved straight to these Apts. from Boston, MA due to a job management promotion/relocation. I am a very reasonable, educated, hard working professional. In all honesty, moving to Northbridge was clearly a mistake.

The place is definitely overpriced for what they offer:

1. Swimming pool is always full of noisy Sect. 8 kids?/often without parental supervision. I wouldn't dare to swim there. Can imagine it's pretty dirty.

2. Gym has a nasty smell to it and is also full of parents and their small children (4-5 kids per family -the usual-).

3. Small children are running around the complex, again, without parental supervision and creating noise all over the place. EX: One time I saw a child trying to escape from his 2nd floor balcony. I wonder where the parents were...(This pretty much should explain what kind of people live here).

4. Parking - space is very limited (first come first serve basis). EX: If you are a resident, on a full night, unfortunately, you are not guaranteed a spot. So, good luck.

5. Broken glass and bottles on the parking lot laying out there for days without being cleaned up. Notice: the management acts as if they do not notice it.

6. SECURITY - BIG ISSUE.  It is as if there is no security, but you do pay for it anyway. Believe it or not. I am guessing for the look of "the gates" themselves. One door is open (the one closer to the lake to be precise), so anyone can come in and out at any time. That is exactly how criminals can get in. Still to this day, it is not fixed, believe me, a friend still lives there. In January of this year, there was a burglary followed by a shooting right next to my building. The whole thing was on the news. News were conducting interviews of the residents, honest like me, and as soon as the Apt Complex found that out, they immediately kicked out the news channel off of the property. Truth hurts, ain't it?

Guess what? This was not the first crime incident these apts have had. It took the apartment complex a few good crime scenes (i'm talking about 20 deputies on the scene with about 5-7 emergency vehicles) yellow tape all over the building...to change the Security guidelines. And up until this day, there are no set rules. People can still get in and out, if they really want to. Currently, you can still get in the complex, just enter the gate code, if a person you're visiting doesn't answer, just show your ID to the officer, and he'll let you in. Office has asked everyone to provide new information, which they did not communicate to the security. Its a mess, like I said. So ANYONE CAN GET IT, if they are smart enough and are out there to get what they need.

Now, I constantly had different kind of strangers knocking at my doors. Where these people come from? No idea. But it tells you the kind of environment you live in. The management/staff consists of stuck up females who most likely only have their GED/ luckily a High School Diploma, very luckily few classes at ITT tech. Plainly speaking, they are uneducated, uninformed employees who are most likely overworked by everything that is going on at that place.

7. Who are they kidding? Sect. 8 still exists and do not believe if they are telling you otherwise. Trust me, when you walk in there with proof that you are Sect. 8 candidate, they immediately find you a place to live. Want to know the rates? (1 bedroom for $600 or 2 bedrooms for around $700). Not bad, huh? While you're out here paying twice as much. Unequal standards. It isn't fair, because when your neighbors are out here getting food stamps, wearing t-shirts with holes in them, and you're out here driving a Rovers and BMW's, it all results that your neighbors are giving you dirty looks and looking at you with hatred. Why put middle and lower class both in the same building? I just don't see any sense in it. But guess who's paying for their food stamps? Me! That's right, the hardworking tax payers.

8. At least 2-3 move outs each month in the building. Cops are constantly visiting the neighbor's apartments for issues and problems. You see few police vehicle at least few times per week. Neighbors are loud. They keep moving their furniture in and out of the building. It's completely insane.

9. Maintenance: sometimes you call in, and no one will be there to help you for days. And actually, as I was getting closer to my move out date: i made a call and no one decided to come in at all.

10. Their complex lake is very dirty.

11. Pets poop all over the apt complex.

......There is too much to tell, but main highlights are here..

Take it from me - think twice before moving in.

Reply From: Anonymous  Date: 04/13/2013

The concern is your moving in CRIMINALS and LOW LIFES to live with Hard Working people who PAY THEYRE TAXES AND THEYRE BILLS BY WORKING!!!! AND YOU FREAKING PEOPLE have them coming "Home" to a FREAKING GHETTO CIRCUS!!! And for 1300/mnth!Are you -­-­-­-­-­-­-­ KINGGING ME?!?! WAKE UP!!

Reply From: Anonymous  Date: 04/13/2013

That's right!!! And no they do not address your issues! Trust me, i've tried This manager reply is to fakely show THEY CARE...

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Orlando-Northbridge-at-Millenia-1623948.html#ixzz2RKmpBWLN

No comments:

Post a Comment